Becoming a prospective member
Interested in becoming a Networker?
Then we look forward to hearing from you. The best way to find out more is to come along to one of our regular meetings. Your local group will contact you with the necessary information and answer any questions you may have.
Network is an association of gay men who
- play a leading role in their profession, politics, society or the arts. Around half our members have a university degree.
- are interested in actively networking with other members and in building up their own personal network of members.
- play an active part in the association by taking part in Network activities.
Network offers its members:
- Expertise and support in aspects relating to the position of homosexuals at work and in society.
- A nationwide network of contacts in Switzerland.
- Varied and often unique cultural and social events.
- Regional groups in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lucerne, St. Gallen, Ticino and Zurich, which organise interesting activities.
- The opportunity to serve on the executive, permanent committees or project groups.
- International contact via partner associations in other countries.
Die Aufnahme erfolgt über einen Interessentenstatus. You can attend several meetings as a guest without any obligation. If you are still interested in joining the association, we will accept you as a “prospective member”. During this phase (normally three to six months) you will be allocated two mentors and can take part in all events organised by the association.
If you then decide you would like to be a member and your mentors think you would fit in with us, the regional leaders will submit a membership application to the national executive. The national executive takes the final decision.