network members decide who should receive the Award: any Networker can nominate people or organizations and have their say by voting.
The network Award recognizes people and organizations that have gone the extra mile in campaigning for the LGBTI community in Switzerland.
The network Award has the following objectives:
- To raise awareness of LGBTI issues among a wider public.
- To motivate people and organizations to show courage and persistence in campaigning for the LGBTI community and to increase its visibility.
- To position network externally as an organization that looks out for and makes a difference in the LGBTI community.
Development of the network Award
In 2020, network established a committee that was tasked with creating a Switzerland-wide network Award.
The network Award recognizes people and organizations that have gone the extra mile in campaigning for the LGBTI community in Switzerland. It is presented each year to an individual or organization (mainly from the political, sporting, academic, business, cultural or social sectors).
The following criteria are also applied when deciding who will receive the Award:
- A person or organization can only receive the network Award once.
- No Networkers, prospective members or organizations that are majority or mainly led by Networkers or prospective members may receive the Award.